Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Errand Tuesday

I needed to get a few things from Sam's today.  I was looking for pork rinds to go along with my Keto diet.  I am not to have carbohydrates, and sometimes you need something crunchy.  These can also be crushed and used as filler for meatballs or breading.  Marc's and Giant Eagle sell them, but they are small bags for $2.00.  I got a huge plastic barrel of them for $5.00.  I picked up a rotisserie chicken, some Tom's tomatoes and some hamburgers.

I went to BooksAMillion and found a book on Keto.  I looked at a lot of them.  I got an armful and went to the coffee bar and perused them all until I found the one I thought would suit me best.

Then I went to Marshalls to look for a purse.  I have been looking for a small one (I use it mostly as a wallet).  I put my money, license, phone and my personal things like nail file, pen, advil, etc.  I have been looking, but today I found TWO!  I bought them both, and will be returning one -- it's really too small to be convenient.

I stopped by Walmart and got some ghee, some butter lettuce, some macaroni salad for Rick.

I came home and picked the chicken, threw the bones and skin in a pot, added water, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt and peppercorns and boiled it for a few hours for broth.  I cut up all the chicken and made chicken salad - half of it has pecan pieces, the other half does not.

I ate some of the chicken while I was picking the bones.  Tonight, I'm not hungry.  I read that it's perfectly normal to not be hungry on this diet.  Fats keep you full and it's the main ingredient in this plan.  Rick had a whopper for dinner (he's got to be getting tired of these, but for now he's enjoying them!!

Tomorrow we need to leave for the hospital at 7:00.  Rick is supposed to be there by 7:30 for a 9 am surgery.  He's all showered for the surgery and will wash up again in the morning with the special antibacterial soap they supplied him.  I have a chicken salad wrap ready to go, along with a book, my phone, the iPad for the wait at the hospital.  I pray everything goes by the book.

I need to pick out my clothes and get them ready tonight so I can just get up and do my hair in the AM.

As we used to sing in Girl Scouts, "Day is done, gone the sun, from the lakes, from the trees, from the skies...All is well, safely well...God is nigh"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.