Monday, May 18, 2020

Our beautiful yard



What a wonderful Friday and weekend!!  We worked in the yard -- Friday, Rick and I mowed the grass and tidyed up the  yard.  I went to Menard's (very pleased that they require you wear masks the WHOLE time you are on their property!).  I bought stepping stones for the garden area.  I placed those and like them a lot -- makes it easier to get to the electrical outlet and to do what needs done in that area.

I planted all the New Guinea Impatiens in their new homes for this year.  I transplanted a few hostas from the front of the house (they were doing a slow death there) to the new area by the stepping stones.   While planting, who did I find???  A dark-colored TOAD!  He took me by surprise, but I "guided" him to the myrtle while I did my planting.  I am making him a little "toad house" so he has a place to shelter.

I bought two boxwood shrubs and planted them in the front of the house.  I hope they can thrive there, not much grows well in that area, but I have felt for a long time that we needed a couple of shrubs.

I bought a new Oriole feeder -- you put grape jelly in it!  I have it hanging in the Japanese Koosa tree in the front yard.  We can see it from our deck.  I also hung a suet feeder and put 2 mandarin orange halves in it.  Hope it draws some colorful visitors to our yard.

I've put several photos of our yard:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.