Monday, October 10, 2022

Monday Monday

I just love this song by the Mamas and the Papas – Monday Monday. I like all the songs that the Mamas and the Papas have recorded.

It’s been one full week since I fell and broke my kneecap. I am taking care of myself as best I can by resting, icing my knee and taking ibuprofen. Rick is incredible. He takes excellent care of me and waits on me for everything that I ask him to do.

It’s been one full week since I fell and broke my kneecap. I am taking care of myself as best I can by resting, icing my knee and taking ibuprofen. Rick is incredible. He takes excellent care of me and waits on me for everything that I ask him to do.  I am able to get up and move around and do a lot of things for myself. I try to be mindful that I don’t overdo things, but it makes me feel good to get up and be able to do a few things around here. I am able to go up and down the stairs – CAREFULLY! When I go to the basement I usually stay there long enough to do a lot of laundry and get a shower. I put things in a basket that I would like for Rick to bring upstairs for me.

Yesterday I had a little company and it was so nice to see folks. John Burnell came and brought some goat milk fudge. Just what a fat girl needs!  I had a little taste of the chocolate/espresso fudge. He also brought a lemon poundcake fudge. The key is just a spoonful of sugar! Very little at a time – let’s make this last. Also, share with the hubby! Later in the day our friend Pat Bingham and Val came and visited.It was really nice to have company.

Today Keith and Walnut came to visit – I knew that because Sophie was barking and Walnut was whining!  I went out to the deck and let Sophie down to visit with Walnut.  Tonight is dinner with Butch and Crystal and Jerry. We are going to Applebee’s and they don’t have any steps there so I will have an easier time getting in and out.

I have decided that I am not going to go to Jenny Craig anymore. It’s incredibly expensive. I seem to have gotten my Control back. I have started making some recipes and planning ways to control my appetite and my intake. I made a really good soup this week and I’ve just looked up recipes for one of my special favorite breakfasts, cinnamon bread/muffins. I saw a recipe and will try it.

Rick is out for his walk and he should be home about 2 o’clock. Mike Bixenstine called today and I need to remind him to call Mike back. I have a feeling He’s inviting Rick, and me, to attend the Softball Hall of Fame Induction Banquet.  I definitely want Rick to attend, and would like to if I’m feeling good enough to attend.

I definitely want Rick to attend, and would like to if I’m feeling good enough to attend.


I think that’s all for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.