Thursday, October 6, 2022

Time flies!

Here it is, October 6, 2022. 

Back in July I went to Dr. Shah because the pain in my knee(s) was restricting my activity.  I have been ignoring and poopooing the issue for years.  X-rays showed severe arthritis and my knees are both bone on bone.  Cortisone injections made things even worse, so  I decided to not wait longer and have total knee replacements.

In August I saw Dr. Combs, an orthopedic doc who works only on knees and hips.  I was scheduled for surgery on October 14 to have the left (most painful) knee replaced.

I have been super busy “nesting” and getting things done around our home.  This past Sunday I fell and crashed my right knee into the sidewalk just outside our home.  I broke my kneecap!  My surgery has been postponed until I heal the broken kneecap.  I am bummed.  I held a small pity party, but life goes on and so do I.

I am hobbling around a bit and using an ice machine to help the pain and healing.  I am being waited on by the hubs.  He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.