Friday, December 30, 2011

62 and counting


Yep, it's my birthday.  I really have a hard time with my birthday...seems like I always have.  Maybe it's because it's at Christmas/New Year and there is so much else going on.  Maybe it's just that birthdays are hard for me.  Lots of feelings of sadness, for some reason, but life goes on, doesn't it!!

I have shed a few tears today and smiled quite a few smiles, too. 

I am 62 years old today.  I'm in pretty darned good shape, except for this broken shoulder thing, but that's healing and I'm going to be ok.

This morning when I was talking to the 4 of the "sweet six" (those near Pittsburgh) Nathan asked how old I was.  I told him..."62"...he answered, "That's a LOT!"  I laughed with him and said it sure was a lot!!!  Evelyn, too, said it was a LOT!  Grandkids almost ALWAYS make you smile and chuckle.

Tonight we are having dinner at House of Hunan.  It's Chinese food and I really like it a lot.  It's a pretty place and I'm looking forward to it.  Jennifer, Todd, Hadley and Treva are going out with Rick and me.

Happy birthday to me!!


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hope your birthday dinner is both delicious and fun! I don't mind birthdays as long as they aren't accompanied with more aches and pains. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful birthday!!! Celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.