Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
This one is Nathaniel's (we call him Nathan)
The pretty woman behind the quilts is Kelly, my daughter and the twins' mama.
I'll add a picture of big sister Evelyn's quilt (she is 5 and a half) when I find the picture.
This one belongs to Hadley Rose (and we call her Hadley Rose!)
The cute feet behind the quilt belong to my daughter Jennifer, Hadley's mama. She's beautiful, too, but didn't want to be in the picture!
Now for some excitement...I need to get busy and begin plans for another grandbaby quilt. No more news for now, updates to come!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
I laughed when someone sent this to me. It's what every man wants! ----------------------->
If you click on it you can read the buttons.
Some time ago, my daughter Kelly asked me to write down 25 things. She had done it on Facebook and "tagged" me. I didn't know just how to do it on Facebook, but I know how to do it here. I'll share with you.
1. I'm a very sensitive woman.
2. I used to cook everything from scratch when my children were little and I was a stay-at-home mom.
3. My happiest times were when my children thought I was the bestest, greatest and smartest.
4. I found Mr. Right the first time and we are still together and as happy (or happier) than when we were first married over 40 years ago.
5. I am so looking forward to retirement.
6. My favorite color is RED.
7. My second favorite color is PINK.
8. I have wonderful children.
9. My wonderful daughters have wonderful husbands.
10. I think MY grandchildren are the best grandchildren!
11. I wish I were a better housekeeper.
12. I pray for my family each and every day.
13. I buy my girls the latest "gadget" almost every year for Christmas and they laugh!
14. I bought my husband woman's shoes for Christmas this year! (Without his knowledge)
15. Those shoes went back to the store...dammit! :)
16. I love garage sales.
17. I spend way too much time on the computer, browsing quilting sites and playing games.
18. I wish my children lived closer to me so I could be more involved in their lives. I should add that I would like them to want me to be more in their lives.
19. I stick my head in the sand. I hate confrontation.
20. I love to quilt and sew.
21. I also like to craft.
22. I'm very proud of my daughters.
23. I am very blessed.
24. I am a clutterer and I hate it.
25. I am nearly crying...observing one's self is harder than it seems.
Friday, February 20, 2009
I made this quilt just to hang in my sewing heaven. My sewing heaven is the entire upstairs of my cape cod style home. As a child, I always wanted this room to be MY room, but being the youngest of three kids, my time never came to make it my bedroom. Now that I'm grown and we purchased the home for our family, it is MY SEWING HEAVEN. These crazy ladies now keep me company.
These are the "girls". I really think they need to be named, but I'll have to ponder that. Would you like to help? I'd appreciate your comments.
Lastly, I did my first paper pieced block ever!
I'll not bore you with more of my babble today, but being home and having the time, I love blogging.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Tomorrow I'll post a picture of a quilt I just finished for my sewing sanctuary. It's a messy sanctuary at this time, but I'm a messy-creative girl!!
I'm excited about doing the Geese in the Forest quilt from my scrap bin. I'll post pics as I get some blocks done.
Also, there is a new grandchild in the future, so there needs to be a new quilt design forming in my mind. It's all so exciting. I'm growing my grandbaby numbers to 5, yep, I said FIVE. I'm soooo extremely blessed. I pray God protects my daughter to keep her from harm, the baby to be healthy, and her family all be well and happy.
Today Karen (friend from work) brought me two gifts! One from the prayer group, lots of sweet things that will be fun...a book, a journal, some teas, some bath thingies, dish towels, a pot holder, etc. Then there was a huge box full of things from the secretaries. The box held tons of stuff...a spring pen holder with a place for a note pad, quilting magazine, word puzzle books, a massage book (for Rick to give me a massage), candy, fruit, popcorn, a candle, lotion, note cards, 3 containers of frozen soups, wheat bread from Great Harvest Bread Company and a bag of fabric scraps! (And more that I can't even recall at this time.) It was so sweet of everyone to do such a nice thing. It made me feel very special.
Goodnight, time for nighty night.