Friday, February 27, 2009

Hmmm, next step

I had a message on the answering machine from my gynocologist's office. I was to call regarding the outcome of my mammogram from last week. From the way the nurse spoke, I knew I should call right away.

"Test results show a shadow on the mammogram of the left breast", the nurse tells me. I need to have a diagnostic mammogram and an ultrasound. I felt strange. What to do...nothing to do. I wanted to tell someone, but didn't want to scare the girls and I knew I would cry if I talked to them. Rick was at work, I didn't want to tell him while he was at work.


After meandering around the house for a while, I called my sister. She knew something was wrong and I started to cry and blurted my worry to her. She was supportive and understanding. We discussed that it is probably nothing, but it's scarey when something looks wrong. She's had friends who have had this and it's turned out just fine. My brain knows that, but the emotional part of me is a bit uneasy. Rick came home after work and I told him. We talked and hugged...he's been there and knew exactly how I was feeling. I want this test over with as quickly as possible so that I know what needs to be done next, if anything.


Instead of waiting for the lab to call me, I called them to get the first appointment they had available. Next Friday. I hate waiting till then because I want answers NOW. Patience.


Rick called the girls to tell them as it's hard for me not to get emotional about it. I know things will be fine, but I want confirmation of that fact.


Rick and I have agreed...things will be fine. One way or another, things will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.