Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013

My heart aches.  My sweet Gracie is not going to be with us much longer.  We took her to the veterinarian today and she has a HUGE tumor in her leg.

The only hope the vet could offer us (and it wasn't really any hope at all) is to amputate her leg.  He said that wasn't really an option for her as her other hip is in bad shape.  He also said that without chemo after an amputation, the tumor would show up somewhere else in her body.

This came on so quickly.  Three months ago we had xrays taken and this tumor wasn't there.  It wasn't there even a month ago...my sweet husband checks her and gives her good rubdowns.

I'm so overwhelmed with all of this. 

The veterinarian said he would come to our house to put her to sleep when the time comes.  He also gave us medication for pain.  He didn't give us much...only 10 days worth.  I think he was giving us a message.

To make this day even harder, one of my sons-in-law is in the hospital for tests on his heart.  He is my older daughter's husband and he's just 40 years old.  We think he is going to be ok...thinking his issues may be more due to stress, but we are letting the doctors figure it out to be sure.  Our daughter is ill...sinus issue. 

Dear Lord, I ask you to look upon our family and help us through this trying time.  I am truly grateful for all the blessings you have bestowed upon us, and I know that we will be fine.  You know the path our lives will take, you oversee every step of our lives.  Guide us, help us, and help me be strong.  In the name of your son, Jesus Christ, Amen

4 comments:

  1. I am truly sorry about sweet Gracie. I know the heartbreak of seeing a loved pet ill. I know you will love and care for her and she will know you are there to see her through. I hope you son in law improves and his home soon. Prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen I'm so sorry - my heart hurts for you. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.