Thursday, January 22, 2015

January musings

It's been a LONG time since I've posted. 

The holidays were great this year, all the family came home and it was fabulous having everyone together in our home.  I think the children had a good time.  Our grown-up kids went out while we kept all the grand kids.  We had a great time with the grands and their parents;

I'm pretty sure the grown ups had a great time, too.

I've been sewing a bit.  My friend, Pat Hoaglin, asked me to make a bear and little blanket from her son's baby blanket.  Pat has a new granddaughter and wanted these things for her.  I'm not particularly fond of making stuffed animals, but she asked and I wanted to do it for her.

Before cutting into the blanket, I thought I should make a trial bear.  I went into my "stash" and found this blue fleece.  One of the neighbors just had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago, so this trial bear will be for baby Benjamin Douglas. 

Next week I'm going to be making something I've not tried before...pictures and updates will follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.