Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Surgery day

Rick's surgery to repair his hernia is today.  We left the house at 7 am and he was scheduled for 9 am surgery.  It started a little later than that, but we were home by 1:45 pm and he had lunch and is resting.

We were sent home with a few pain pills to keep him comfortable, but so far he hasn't taken any.

Western Reserve Hospital, Dr. Gemma was where and who did the surgery.  All went well and he just needs to be gentle with himself, no lifting, no overexertion, etc.

The hospital sends each patient home with a quart of chicken noodle soup!  I thought that was SO nice and thoughtful.  I heated him a bowl of it for lunch when we got home...so nice to have something handy to get something wholesome and light into him.

The "injury centers" have been calling...I was in the accident on Monday.  It said in the police report that I was not injured, but they are calling, just the same.  Offering to "treat" me for my "injuries".  I'm already tired of fielding the calls.  There have been about 6 in the last hour.  UGH!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.