Thursday, October 20, 2022

Brrrr, and not the weather

 

This little machine can’t really put a chill on you!  My dear brother had his knees replaced last year and the year before and lent me this ice machine. I use this most of the day every day and all night every night. I do believe the ice is probably the best pain reliever when it comes to broken bones.   When I broke my shoulder(s), several years ago, I did not have one of these machines but have ice packs. I found that using the ice really cut down on the amount of pain reliever that I needed to be more comfortable. Narcotic type pain relievers or not really helpful for me. I didn’t hurt, but I couldn’t rest while taking them. I would have strange nightmares.

I am so happy to have this little machine and so incredibly happy that Rick is so incredibly good to me. I know it’s not fun to take care of someone who isn’t able to do everything for themselves. I am very grateful for his kindness and his generous spirit.

I am still not able to drive, but I don’t think it will be too long. I need to practice/figure out how long and how much I can bend my leg. I would like to get a pedicure, but sitting in the chair might be too much for me yet. I guess I will just keep taking care and hacking at my toenails by myself for a while! Even though I can’t bend the leg enough, I am able to bend over and reach my feet.  Glad I am pretty flexible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.