Sunday, November 6, 2022

Doing better


 Sophie, just because! 

It’s been a little while since I’ve jotted some thoughts down here.  For someone who’s been laid up with a broken kneecap, it seems like I’ve been very busy.

Last Friday I started to drive again. Getting in and out of the car can be a bit of a feat, but it’s doable and once I’m in the driver seat driving just comes naturally.  Being able to get out and about on your own is such a blessing. You don’t realize it until you can’t do it. Relying on others and asking for help isn’t always easy. I don’t know why people say these are our golden years – I think they are more rusty.

I am healing, in my opinion, well. I am able to bend the broken knee much more than I could and I’m trying to use it more as my dominant leg. Seems like the better the right leg gets the more the left knee hurts. Next week I go to the doctor and hopefully he will agree with me! I’m hoping he will say, “yes! You are getting better now let’s schedule that surgery“. 

We’ve gotten a lot of our chores done around the house. The attic is insulated, the gutters have a nice sturdy gutter cover installed, the leaves have been collected and put on the curb on a regular basis and Rick installed foam gutter fillers in the garage gutters.   The garage gutters needed a little repair, and he did that. I am so incredibly happy that he is feeling better. Seems like we have the swing of taking care of each other pretty well established. Last year he was unable to do much of anything due to his health, this year he can do almost everything and I can do very little! I guess that is the ebb and flow of life. 

So, Now that I have chatted a few thoughts down I can check this off my list of things to do for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.