Monday, August 10, 2009

S-U-P-E-R-M-I-M-I

WOW, I feel so accomplished today!

I guess it all started yesterday when I went to my sewing heaven to do a couple of blocks for my flying geese in the forest BOM that I'm waaay behind on. Well, one thing led to another and I decided I'd do a little on the organization project up there.

I don't have the AC in the window up there and I declined the offer of my dear daughter and her dear hubby to install it for me yesterday, so it is like a sweat box up there. (Yes, our comfortably-wonderful-not-too-hot summer has turned into normal northeastern Ohio summer which means hot and humid.)

So, I worked. I glowed (since ladies aren't supposed to sweat like pigs). I glowed so much the glowing compound dripped off my hair!! All in all, I got a good bit done and hauled the trash (lots of it) out to the street because today is our new trash day*.

I continued my super Mimi mode and changed the cat litter, gathered all the trash up and hauled it outside. (Now, it's 10 p.m. by this time and I've had no dinner yet.) While cleaning out the fridge I threw out the milk since it had been there a little longer than I liked and noticed I was out of yogurt. Ok, off to the store! On the way home I stopped by Burger King to grab a sandwich. I didn't realize so much closed so early on a Sunday night.

I relaxed a bit and then went to bed to read a bit before turning over and falling asleep without Rick, cause he is in PA--golfing with some buddies.

This morning I rushed off to my younger daughter's house and we did a little shopping. When we were at the produce market cabbage--huge heads of cabbage--were on sale for 19 cents a pound. It's the kind of cabbage that's great for making cabbage rolls! We grabbed up two heads and made plans to make cabbage rolls tomorrow.

Once I got home I put the cabbages into pots of water to blanch and ready the leaves for making the cabbage rolls. Once I got that done, I decided to make some chicken vegetable soup. That's cooking now! Guess that's what I'll have for dinner while I wait for Rick to come home.

We just had a BIG thunderstorm and now the sun is coming out. Guess I'll run off to the store to pick up some foil pans to freeze my cabbage rolls.




*Our new trash company has AGAIN missed my house and my trash is still sitting there. DUMMIES! Happened last week and now again. Maybe they will get tired of my calling and put me on the route!! Who knows?!

2 comments:

  1. You have been a busy girl!! That soup will be sooo good!

    and you've just made up my mind on what I"m haveing for dinner tomorrow! I"m making cabbage rools!!!! MMMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you have been busy. It's no wonder you fell asleep so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.