Saturday, February 24, 2018

My hand cream

I have a blog friend who makes her own hand cream.  Judy Laquidara's blog is called Patchwork Times.  She writes a fantastic blog and I love reading it daily.

She put her "recipe" for homemade hand cream on her blog and I made it over a year ago.  I absolutely love this cream.

Judy's recipe uses baby lotion, but I really don't like the scent of baby lotion, so I use a cocoa butter scented lotion.

Here's the recipe I used:

16 oz. cocoa butter scented hand lotion
2 jars (4 oz. each) vitamin E cream
1 jar (8 oz.) cocoa scented Vaseline

I put this into my Kitchen Aide mixer and mix the heck out of it.  This makes a lot of hand cream.  I fill the vitamin e cream jars and have a few other jars that I fill, too.  First time I made it, I wasn't prepared for how much it made and I didn't have enough jars, so I put a bunch into a pretty candy jar and have it on my nightstand.  I love using it this way, just dip my fingers in and get a little and put it on my hands (and feet) when I go to bed.

(Side note:  First time I made this, the Vaseline didn't incorporate well, so this time I put the Vaseline into my mixer bowl and put that into a dish pan filled with really hot water.  I melt the Vaseline and then mix everything together.)

Someone gave Judy a hard time because she called this her "homemade hand cream".  They said she couldn't call it homemade because she bought things and mixed them together!!!  Hahaha!  I make homemade stuff all the time from things I buy at the store!!  People get all bent out of shape over nothing sometimes!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right....wonder if they make a cake from scratch, if its still home made?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.