Thursday, April 9, 2009

A bit of progress

Once I got home from work tonight I went upstairs to my sewing heaven and worked a bit more on the gigantic mess I've created.

A few years back a very nice woman sent me TONS of old chenille. I was tickled with it at the time, but it was mostly too old and too tattered to do much with. There are a few pieces that I can use for baby bibs and such, but the rest I bagged up and took out to the trash. I hate throwing fabric away, but when it's really not usable, it's trash. (Something wrong with my statement, makes me feel harsh or mean, somehow. Why is this?)

I folded more fabric and straightened up a bit more, not to say that I don't have an enormous task still ahead. Tomorrow I plan to go up and do more. I'm trying not to overdo it and get really crazy about it, but I can't wait to get things straightened up more.

My goal is to have my fabrics NEAT and displayed enough so I can choose without going through a bin. I also want to be able to walk around my cutting table. I've always had it against a wall and pulling it out and trying to get around it is a PITA (pain in the a**). It's coming along, just not coming along quickly enough to suit me.

As I mentioned before, I'm a clutterer and a keeper. I have always been messy for as long as I can remember and it's one trait I have that I absolutely hate about myself. (There are one or two more, but I won't go there right now.)

Well, it's getting late and I should put the computer away for tonight.

Hugs and God bless us all.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could find a place to display my fabrics too but they stay hidden away in drawers and boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never underestimate the amount of time it takes to fold and put away fabric...personally I think it grows wings at night and flies off the shelves to visit other fabrics but that may just be in my messy sewing room!

    Have a great weekend and don't overdo it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes my sewing room gets into such a mess I accuse my grandchildren of going in there and turning it upside down - even when they haven't been to see me. :) And I totally understand the urge to keep every scrap of fabric. It's just not practical but oh it's hard to throw any away. My grandmother lives on in me. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.