Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My friend (angel) found my recipes, would you like them?

Hello! My dear friend (with whom I shared these recipes) helped me out and gave them back to me. These are delicious soup recipes and I'm going to be very careful not to misplace them again. Feel free to copy them if you want, if not...well you know.

Stuffed Pepper Soup
1 pound ground sirloin
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup finely diced onion
1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (my favorite is Gia Russa)
2 cups water
1 cup white rice
Salt and peper
In a large stock pot, brown the ground sirloin. Drain fat, add pepper and onion. Cook until onion is transluscent...do not let brown.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, water, rice and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 45 - 60 minutes.

Cabbage Roll Soup
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup rice
4 cups water
4 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
2 small cans chopped tomatoes
4 to 5 cups coarsely chopped cabbage (half a head)
Salt, pepper and a HEALTHY sprinkling of paprika
In soup pot brown ground beef and onion, drain well. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 2 to 3 hours. This is even better the second day!

If you make either of these, I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment.