Sunday, January 3, 2010

Relish this day

Today is my last day of Christmas vacation from my job. I absolutely love staying home...I was never meant to be a working-outside-the-home woman. Don't get me wrong, I like what I do, I feel good that I have had a job and was able to help in the financial support of our family. But, I'm ready to move on to retirement.

My plan is to retire at the end of this school year with 27 years of service. Some say...work to 30 years, you will get more money. I can see their point, but I want to be home. I don't want to be a woman who works and works and dies without realizing her dream. My ultimate career was to be a stay-at-home mom and I was able to do that for many years. I started back to work in 1988 and my girls were in middle school at that time. So, they would come to the high school and we would go home together. It was the best of both worlds!

I'm counting the weeks till I can be a retired woman and run my life more to my liking.

I feel so good when I can keep my house the way I want. When I work, I don't have the energy to do what I want when I get home.

So, today I'm relishing my last day to be at home full time. I've used my Dremel to file my Golden Retriever's nails, I've done a little sewing, I've played with my new camera and almost have the Christmas tree down. (All the ornaments are off and packed up. Hubby needs to disassemble the tree and pack it into it's carton. We'll lug things upstairs and I'll put them away later, cause to be honest, I'm gonna be tired by then.

It's been a productive, relaxing and completitive day for me. I'll post a couple of pictures with my new camera during the coming week.

Huggles,


3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. Have to go back to school tomorrow and not looking forward to it LOL... wonder if we can find a way to combine the best of both worlds.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I am so happy for you! there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's shining on all the projects you want to FINISH!! tee hee retirement isn't for the squirmish, but I know you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the day that I retired from teaching. I wrote an email to my Principal from Seattle Coffee Shop. It was the most fun that I ever had! You will love retirement!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.