Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Bits



Not tons going on around here, but seems like I've got my fingers in this and that!

I'm doing this little quilt (for my dining room table) and have been working on getting it ready to be a hand sewing project.  This is the layout (although this photo isn't the complete layout, there is another round of white and then of red).  I was in a red/white charm swap many years ago.  I put the charms away and didn't know what to do with them.  I've been wondering about not making many quilts anymore...seems like everyone in my family has at least 2 quilts from me, and just how many do our family members need?!  I've made many quilts over the years and have given them to friends, loved ones, babies and some on commission, too.

Rick and I are going to go on a road trip before too long and our driving styles are vastly different.  In order to keep from gasping, sighing, clearing my throat and other annoying things when he's not driving like I think he should, if I have something to occupy my mind (like a hand-sewing project) we both have a better time!


On Sunday night, we were on our way to dinner and the sunset was beautiful.  I snapped this photo as Rick was driving.







Yesterday, I did FaceTime with Jennifer and the kids.  We had a silly time.  I miss them terribly (Todd, too).  I get mixed feelings...I am so happy to be able to chat, see and have fun with them via the computer, yet I get so sad that we are so far apart.  I have to hang up quickly to keep from showing my tears.  Bittersweet moments of life.

I just got off the phone with Kelly.  She's so busy!  It's wonderful to have time to talk to her, but would be even better if I could pop in on her now and again and help her with things.  I'm so fortunate to have wonderful family.                                                                                                Today I am running some errands.  I have been struggling with leg cramps every night and got up early this morning because I was tired of getting up, walking around and trying to get back to sleep several times through the night.  So far I've made 35 stuffed bones for Sophie and am ready to head out to pick up some things from several stores that we (I) need.  My list is ready, I'm dressed (even with shoes) and once I get my hair fixed and some lipstick on, I'm out the door.




1 comment:

  1. Your hexie project is very pretty, it will look lovely on a table; I am totally on board with you regarding keeping myself occupied when I am a passenger on car trips! �� Face time is a blessing, yes, but I understand— there’s nothing like in-person hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.