Monday, March 12, 2018

Weekend ramblings on Monday!

The weekend has come and gone.  I cooked over the weekend...both Saturday and Sunday!  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I don't cook much anymore now that the kids are gone.  We eat out most evenings and that's ok, but it's good to be in the kitchen now and again.

I was cleaning out the pantry.  I've been wanting to clean the pantry for quite some time, but it seemed like an daunting task.  Rick made a pineapple upside down cake a few days ago and the brown sugar was rock hard.  I decided that I needed some new canisters, to keep that from happening.  I found some airtight containers at TJ Maxx and bought them, washed them, dried them and then decided they were not what I wanted.  Ok, I packed them back up and returned them.  After a lot of thought, I knew that Tupperware was what I needed.  I pulled out the canisters and tossed a bunch of stuff on the top shelf of the pantry.  I got online and looked at Tupperware items and decided what I wanted/needed and then got hold of a semi-local salesperson.

I am now signed up for an online (Facebook) Tupperware party.  I was a Tupperware Lady salesperson and manager back in the 70's, so I'm pretty familiar with the product.  

Since the top shelf cleanup went so well, on to the 2nd shelf.  (Slow and steady...one shelf at a time.)  Well, the second shelf went so well that I finished the entire pantry!  SO proud of myself!   I am going to measure my shelves in the pantry and hopefully cover them in contact paper.  Right now they are just unfinished particle board.

I hang a bunch of things on the pantry door and it was messy looking.  I took a shoe organizer and fashioned THIS!  Photo on the left is the top of the door and am planning on putting all of our travel drink containers.  The right photo is on the bottom of the door and holds our flashlight and 3 different rolling pins.




Today I had another appointment at the chiropractor.  My foot is getting better and my back (after today's visit) feels fabulous.  Hopefully I will continue to heal and regain the feeling in my whole foot.  (Yesterday I bashed my pinkie toe on the bad foot and thought I broke it.  Hurt all day yesterday -- in spite of the foot being numb on that side -- but today it is not sore, thank goodness.)

I have at least one more appointment with the chiropractor.  I am praying that this gets all healed and I'm able to play pickle ball again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.