Friday, May 8, 2020

Outdoor time - BEFORE the MAY 2020 Polar Vortex FREEZE


  

This year -- 2020 is truly a crap shoot!

So many unusual things that have come this year -- the leading calamity is COVID-19 and all the changes it has made in everyone's way of life.  But enough about that...

Yesterday was a beautiful day -- the calm before the coming MAY POLAR VORTEX -- it's supposed to get down in to the TWENTIES tonight!  I think I need to cover some of my plants, like my tender growth on the hydrangea bushes.

Anyway, yesterday was beautiful and since we mowed the lawn the day before with our new self-propelled mower (lots of getting used to that new slick machine!) I decided it was time to work on the hosta/iris bed behind the house.  I cleaned out the leaves, removed grass that grew where it wasn't wanted and then went to the gas station (believe that?) to buy mulch.  I bought mulch in bags that wasn't water logged, so it was quite easy to spread.  I put up my metal sculpture bird, too.  The photos below are from the bed with the fountain.  I got those GIANT footprint stepping stones at an estate sale last year and I just love them!!



This photo to the left is our fountain and the wind sculpture that Jennifer got me for Christmas in 2018.

Rick bought me Impatiens for the five pots in front of the house and I bought and planted a few pansies to put in a hanging pot near our door.

It's too early and cold to plant the Impatiens yet, I'll pamper them by putting them in the garage to shelter them from the freezing temps to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.