Monday, September 14, 2009

Baby update and new car news

I'm home from PA. I was there since Friday. Kelly came home from the hospital this afternoon; her labor has stopped and the new baby is still "cookin" inside Mama's belly!

She's on bedrest now and is officially on leave from her job. She's still having some contractions, but until things progress, well...you know.

I came home about 5:00 and Rick was ready for me to go with him to the car dealer. We have been trying to buy a new car since July. We wanted a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox with some extras. Those cars are a hot commodity! They are selling as soon as they get to a car dealership and we weren't the one who got there first. We tried to get one during the Cash for Clunkers program, but the cars weren't available.

We lucked out tonight and the dealership was wonderful to work with. It's ours! It's Cardinal Red, it's got all the bells and whistles I wanted, plus a couple more.

5 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for an update on the baby and am glad to read that it's still "cookin" there.

    Congratulations on the new car. I'm sure you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to wait for the little one . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that Momma and Baby are doing so well. hey, maybe we should all go on "bedrest" in honor of them? ha ha, wishful thinking!

    the car sounds great!! My mother's favorite cars were always red, she said you couldn't lose them in the parking lots! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be hard waiting for the baby. What a job it will be when it arrives.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohooo on the new car. Equinox are very similar to the Ford Edge that I just recently purchased and it is Red too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.