Sunday, December 17, 2017

Glasses, Rick is sick, Pickleball and Christmas lights

Goodness, it's been a while since I've posted.

Busy trying to get ready for the holiday and all the other stuff that happens in life.


I'm healed from the cataract surgery but still need a laser procedure to get rid of
the crinkle in my right eye.  I don't see well with the right one, even with the new glasses.  I picked up my glasses yesterday and am trying to acclimate to them.  Not easy.  I find myself taking them off like I used to do with reading glasses cause my distance vision is strange.  I think it hinges on the right eye.  Doc said the earliest he could do the laser procedure was March unless it was driving me nuts.  I'm going to give it a while, but I might just call and tell him that I AM nuts (of course the nuttiness is caused by the wrinkle/crinkle!).

Rick has not been feeling tip top for a few days and last night he came down with a good dose of a stomach bug.  He was nauseous but didn't vomit.  He ran to the bathroom all through the night and all morning.  I doctored him with Imodium (which we use with care, since it can be a difficult medicine to recover from for us) and it seemed to do the trick.  He's been a good patient and has been drinking as much as possible to keep from becoming dehydrated.

Pickleball is doing well!  We had a little Christmas/holiday party on Friday to celebrate and I came in 2nd place for the costume/dress up!  Christine came in first place and she really worked hard on her "get up"!  She's a competitive gal (on many levels) and she's fun, but she is seriously after me!  LOL








Starting with the top photo on the left and moving right:  Chris Lee & Me, Chris Lee, Me,
2nd row:  Rhonda Kerzie & Me, Cris Belknap & Rhonda Kerzie, Mary Elizabeth Kennedy

3rd row:  Joyce & Kelly Brannon, Boyd (manager of the tennis club)
4th row:  Jane Warner & Chris Lee, Rhonda Kerzie & Jane Warner


We got the outside of the house decorated with Star Shower lights and Star Shower Slideshow lights.  We like them a lot and have had a lot of people tell us how much they like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.