Thursday, December 21, 2017

WHEW! Pooped out!

I couldn't even post last night, I was so tired.  Yesterday was a busy day, but we got it all done.

Sophie had a grooming appointment at 9 am and I drove her to that, then picked up a socket at Lowe's because the one in the basement came apart.  Who would have guessed...it was original to the house and our family moved here when I was 5 in 1955.  Hope the new socket lasts as long.

After that, I stopped at Walmart to return a toy that wasn't the right toy!  Off to Petco to find a new collar for Sophie.  I got a leather one this time. I wanted one with some bling, but when I looked at them (and the high price) I decided a plain one could be dressed up when I wanted that.

Hope with breakfast for Rick and me from McDonald's.  Once in a while we really enjoy a sausage mcmuffin with egg.  This one was really good!

Decluttered the kitchen so we could make cookies and sang a little song to post on FB.  Hope it will post here for prosperity!!!  Oh...I don't think this video plays here, but if you check me out on FB, you can hear me singin'!!


When I went to pick Sophie up from the groomer, I went to Duma's Meat to pick up ground beef and ground pork.  I'm making meatballs to take for Christmas dinner at Kelly and Scott's house.  I was going to make lasagna, but the kids can be a little picky and having spaghetti and meatballs leaves more choices for them.  You know, plain meatballs, meatballs with sauce, spaghetti noodles with sauce OR butter OR butter and Parmesan cheese!   I'm going to make some cabbage rolls to put in the freezer.

Cookies!  Cookies!  Cookies!  Now I took the easy road and bought cookie mixes and ready-to-bake dough from the refrigerated section at the grocery store!  (I know, it was a lazy thing to do, but we need to choose our priorities, right?)  Truly, no one cares if you make your cookies from scratch or not, unless there is one favorite cookie that you remember your mama making when you were a child.  These cookies are gifts for the neighbors.  We are taking either 8 or 9 plates of cookies to some of our neighbors.  They appreciate the gesture and we like giving them a treat.  We have two neighbors who are elderly (lost the 3rd elder this year).  Jim is 86 and GB is 90.  Love taking them treats.  GB seems to really enjoy the cookies and she has family that comes to visit, so I try to give her a larger plate.  Jim doesn't eat much anymore, so I don't go overboard.  The rest of the neighbors we give to are able-bodied folks, so it's just fun to share with them and no extra worries for them.  We will plate and wrap those today and we will deliver later this afternoon or tomorrow...maybe even as late as Saturday, depending on our schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.