Saturday, December 30, 2017

68 today

Today is my birthday.  I always look forward to my birthday, but when it arrives, it's a difficult day for me.  I don't know why, it seems like it's always been this way.  Do I build up the day in my mind and it doesn't "measure up"?  Is it harder cause my kids don't live close and I miss them?  Is it harder cause I'm getting older?  I dunno.  Maybe it's the "after Christmas blues".  Regardless, it's a hard day for me and I hate feeling like that.

Anyway, to look at the bright side...which in my mind makes much more sense than being any more bummed...we got together with friends last night for dinner and martinis!  I took the martini-makings and we had pistaschio martinis; they were delicious.

This is a photo of me and one of my best friends.  She's Portia and we have been friends since the kids were in elementary school.  They have 5 grown children and all of them (except one) live nearby.


And then there was dinner tonight at Texas Roadhouse with Portia and her hubby.  Sangria for me, sangria margarita for her.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.