Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Woe is us

Well, here we are, the start of 2018...lots of possibilities and a clean slate, right?  Well, illness has befallen the Burdette home and the two of us are so incredibly sick.  How sick, you say?  Sick enough to see a doctor in our group of physicians that we have not seen before.

We went to see the doctor and find that thankfully I do not have influenza; I do have bronchitis, was having an asthma attack (which I've not had before).  I was given a breathing treatment and a shot of steroids along with a prescription for an inhaler, an antibiotic and cough pills that both Rick and I are to take.  I liken the feeling in my chest to the concoction of molten lava and Rice Krispies.  Burns like Hades when I cough and the "snap, crackle and pops" make sounds come out of my lungs without ever moving my mouth.


                             AND                         






I do feel better today, not huge stride forward, but enough that I can get out of my chair without falling down.

Rick was diagnosed with neither bronchitis or the flu, but we are to keep a watch on him.  He was feeling a little worse when he first got up, but after a horribly bad start, he's in his chair and snoozing a bit.

Not fun being sick, EVER.  When there are just two of you and you are both sick, it's terrible.  We don't have children close, however I do have my sister and brother that are in the area in the event I absolutely had to have something.

Well, that's about it from here.  We are huddling down and not going out to spread our germs to anyone else.  Be safe out there...the germs are waiting to "latch" on and try to bring you down.  I'm nearly a fanatic on germ control...see what good it did for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.