Monday, January 15, 2018

Domesticity?

Well, the good great news is that we are getting healthier!!!

Being kind of cooped up in the house has made me a little bit domestic.  On Thursday of last week our meteorologists were forecasting some horribleawfulterribledangerous weather.  So, I went to the store to get some items so we could hole up in the house and have good, healthy, comfort food.



This morning, I needed to take care of the chicken and the chicken broth I made.  I have a smallish pot of chicken and wild rice soup on the stove and enough chicken portioned out for creamed chicken for future use.  I think we'll have soup for lunch and then decide what to do with the remainder.  Might share with a neighbor, but if there isn't enough, I'll have to rethink that.

EDITED on Tuesday:  I did have enough soup to have one more meal for us and a meal for the neighbors.  I delivered soup and Orlando French rolls to them yesterday.  Always nice to be able to share.




I shredded the remaining head of cabbage that I didn't add to the soup and made cole slaw.  I made two kinds, creamy and the oil and vinegar type.  We are eating good, that's for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.