Monday, January 8, 2018

Turning the corner??

Well, here it is January 8 and I do believe (cautiously) that I'm "turning the corner" on this illness.  Last night I slept, in the guest bed, better than I have slept since I got sick.  That's a big deal.  This is my sleep readout from my Fitbit.


I am still having coughing fits and am still wheezing.  I have a few more days of antibiotics and cough medicine; also have my inhaler to continue using, so I'm hoping to get rid of this nasty bug.

Yesterday I did some cleaning up around the house, just a little sorting and one trip for Rick and me to take the trash outside and to the curb, for today is trash and recycling pickup.  However, we got a call this morning, and due to the icy road conditions, trash and recycling will most likely be late or even postponed.  No worries, they will be here to pick up when they can.

No school today, either.  When the children were small, we would always cheer for a no school due to snow day.  Once I was working at the school, it was so exciting to get an unexpected "calamity" day.  Even though I'm retired, I get excited for the kids and staff who get an unexpected treat of getting to stay home.  

Today is pickleball and I'm sorry to miss it.  Miss the women we play with, too.  I'm being as responsible and as safe as I can...don't want to infect anyone or have a relapse.  I know I'm not well enough to play...the coughing would be awful.  However, I'm eager to see my friends again.

Rick isn't bouncing back very fast.  I do believe he's suffering from seasonal affective disorder to a degree.  He doesn't do well with winters anymore.  He is sleeping a great deal and seems to have no "oompf".






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.