Saturday, October 21, 2017

Bibs and burp cloths


I got to know a young man who was serving in the military, a veteran now, via Facebook.  I believe I've "known" him for probably 4 or 5 years.  He got married not too long ago and he and his bride had a baby girl who was born quite early.  I believe little Abigail weighed in at 3lb 13oz.  I wanted to send them a gift for their daughter so I made up these bibs and burp cloths.



I've been wanting/needing a new little wristlet to hold my phone, a few bucks, my license and credit card and my keys.  With this new car, I need to carry the key fob on me (or in my purse) so I can open the darned thing cause it's keyless!!  (Don't ask about what happened and I locked myself OUT of the car and my key fob, phone and purse INSIDE the first week we owned it!)

Anyway, I was starting to make a new wristlet (wanted it a little larger than my Vera Bradley one) and I also wanted a zippered compartment in it so my money and cards wouldn't fall out easily.  I was fiddling around with it and decided to wait because I didn't have the type of zipper that I wanted.

It was a nice afternoon, so I climbed on my trike/maxi scooter and took a ride.  I made a stop at Marshalls and found JUST what I wanted!  It was only $12!!  I couldn't pass it up.

While at Marshalls, I decided to pick up a Sweetest Day gift for Sophie and got her a toy.  I got a little catnip toy for Lily and then pulled into Panera to pick up a pecan roll for Rick.  Sweets for the sweet!!

Beautiful day, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.