Friday, October 27, 2017

Pickleball

Have you heard of pickle ball?

I was asked to play by my sister and I decided to give it a try,  not expecting to be so happy to play it.  If you haven't heard of it, Google it and if you get a chance to try it, DO!

Pickle ball is played (and I play doubles) on half a tennis court.  Yep, 4 folks play on half a tennis court, so you don't have a huge area to cover.  The rules take a little while to get the hang of, but it's really not difficult at all, trust me.

Think I might just make this shirt...too cute!

On another note, today was my first day out and about the whole day since my eye surgery.  I've not been sleeping very well, so I've been tired.  We all know that healing our body is not easy...lots of rest is needed.

Today Cris picked me up at 10 am and we ran some errands, had some lunch and then headed off to pickle ball.  (I did not play.  I was the "heckler" and "cheerleader" for those playing.)  The doc said no pickle ball at least until my next appointment which is November 1.

I am tired, but I made the most of a fun day.  I will be "heckler" on Monday, too.  Our group of pickle ball players is a great one.  We are mostly women, but have 2 guys who play...I'm hoping to get Rick to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.