Friday, February 21, 2020

Day off from sewing

Well, I took today off from sewing.  I've been "frantically" sewing bibs for a baby shower that is this Sunday.  I somehow got jumbled on when the shower was, so I got behind.  I have several bibs "near finished", but have some more work to do.  I am going to finish topstitching tomorrow and will install the snaps, then toss them in the washer and dryer.  I also made some burp cloths and will probably make a few more.  I will just serge the burp cloths.  I bought a bag and card today, so I'm pretty set to have them finished.  Will post a photo when they are done.

Kelly sent me a package to deliver to the shower.  She made a darling little blanket, hat and the cutest slippers/booties ever!!  I will post a photo later of her things.

Today I went shopping with Cris.  Our things/places done/visited below:

1.  Lenscrafters to get my glasses adjusted (sore, sore nose) and it turns out I needed to get a new pair of glasses...these aren't suitable for my nose.  Things went well there, the guy was even nice to me.
2.  Went to Sam's Club and bought frozen riced cauliflower, Havarti cheese, mixed nuts and Oreo cookies.
3.  To a tag sale in Montrose/Fairlawn/Bath area.  A giant house with so much "stuff".  They had so much stained glass--it was so beautiful.  Way too expensive for me.  It was an amazing sale and it was fun to see everything.
4.  Lunch at Zoup!  Delicious French onion soup and a cob salad for me.  It was an o-so-delicious lunch!
5.  Giant Eagle for Cris to try and find cheese curds - nope, they didn't have them
6.  Lane Bryant for me to see if bras were on super sale.  Nope, not on sale
7.  Acme for Cris to try and find cheese curds - nope, they didn't have them
8.  TJ Maxx to look around and enjoy the store.  I bought some shelves for our fridge...I think I like them.  I still don't like our new fridge.  "Wahhhhh"
9.  Cris got a call that her ring was in at Jareds and we were just across the street.  We went there and her ring was NOT there, they were mistaken!
10. I took Cris home.  After dropping her off at home, I went on to go to:
11. Dollar Tree to get a card for the shower and a gift bag
12. Aldi!  I bought some different types of cheese, some delicious-looking pork chops, ground chicken, frozen sea scallops and some breaded shrimp.  Good haul!
13.  HOME!  I unpacked my things I bought, installed the shelves in the fridge (I believe I really like them) and then Rick called...asked me to meet him for dinner!  We went to Longhitano's and I had meatballs...Rick had a patty melt.
14.  Back home.  Got into my jammies, gave the furry kids their treats and made a cup of tea.

Day is done, gone the sun
From the hills, from the lake, from the skies...
All is well, safely rest
God is nigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.