Saturday, February 1, 2020

February! February 1, 2020

It's hard to believe that it's February!  We've had a pretty mild winter so far, but February often proves to be a rough-weather month.

I've been busy today.  This morning I had a lunch date with Darcy.  We went to Scribbles and talked for about 2.5 hours.  Near the end of our visit, I needed to use the restroom (badly) and hurried to the ladies room (actually the only restroom) and turned the knob, opened the door and there was a man!!  I was embarrassed and quickly exited, pulling the door shut and apologizing.  I waited outside the door and when he came out, I again apologized.  After I thought about it a moment, the guy should have LOCKED the door.  It was his fault.  I came out and told Darcy and we cracked up!!  She's fun and interesting to talk to.

After coffee, I rushed home, did a few things that needed to be tended to and then raced out of the house to run a few errands.  Yesterday the cat peed in Sophie's crate.  I have a foam mattress in her crate and I tried to wash it.  It didn't work, the foam disintegrated in the washer and I had more mess to clean up!  (Damned cat.)  I had more foam, so I cut that, and made another mattress for her.  In the meantime, I pulled her crate out, cleaned the floor and the accumulated dust and I was working so hard and I was so cranky.  Anyway, I got all that done, got the washer cleaned up the rest of the way this morning and threw out the foam.  I was at an estate sale yesterday and they had a foam mattress pad, so I went back today to buy that for future use, but that cat better not do that again.  I ran to the store to buy a few things we need and then back home.

Rick took down the Christmas tree and hauled it upstairs.  I wrestled with things upstairs and got all that stuff put away.  I (again) was not in control of my emotions and was frustrated at all I had to do.  I need to work on being calm and not getting angry about things I have to do.

I think we are having DiRusso sausage for dinner and roast tomorrow (Super Bowl Sunday).  I want to sew a little today or tomorrow.

Sigh...I have to go to the store to buy peppers and onions and rolls for sausage.  Damn!  I wish Rick would do some of the running around.

Enough writing today.  I need to take some photos to post of here, it's more interesting later if there are photos to view.

H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.