Friday, July 17, 2009

One down, on to...



The birthday quilt is complete! I'm really pleased with this project. Beautiful...in my opinion, yes. Easy...yes. Quick...yes.


I was browsing The Quilt Show website and Ricky Tims did a tutorial on this project. I took my laptop to my sewing heaven and whipped this up in a few hours (spread over 2 days). I love all the stippling that's in it...guess I'm just pleased with the whole project. I hope Kathy will like it.


I'm deciding what block to work on for the Pixiedust Gather over at Bumble Beans, browsing some sites for just he right pattern. Think I've found it and a picture will be posted when I get it done.

Rick is taking next week off from work and hopefully we'll have Evie for a few days. I need to call and arrange that. (Add to list: buy a new kiddie pool)

Today is the first full day of my "take care of myself -- Mimi's Healthy Eating Plan". I'm not calling it a diet. Move more, eat healthier; the rest will take care of itself.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors in your quilt! And the design just flows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is REALLY pretty. I have done one small convergence hanging from his book but this looks like more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Ricky do this tutorial also. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its very pretty - I like it and I am sure your niece will treasure it because you made it for her.

    Good for you on your Living plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DoreyR, Thanks so much for your comment. My neice loves the quilt (I gave it to her today) and she has already asked her handyman to hang it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.