Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday serenity



It's raining here. Raining hard! Thunder and lightening and a really dark sky.


I love the rain. Now I wouldn't want it all the time, but there is something so soothing and serene when you have a storm.

If the weather clears we'll be going to the Italian Festival in Akron tonight. We'll see how that goes. According to the weather man, it's supposed to clear up by 6 p.m. tonight.

Ricky is sleeping and I'm still not dressed and it is after noon already.

My knee is getting better, still touchy but better. I started taking Tylenol for it and it has eased the pain. Thank goodness. Getting old sometimes brings things you don't want!! However, I like where I am in life right now.

This morning I was being the "domestic goddess". Hadley is with us and she likes waffles, so I whipped up some batter. The first one went to Papa, the second to Hadley. Papa says, "These don't taste right". So, I tasted them and they were salty! Salty? Well, maybe my mix wasn't good. So I threw them away and decided it was toast for breakfast. I got out the toaster, got out the bread. Lo and behold, the bread was green. Yes, green, I tell you!!! I was growing penicillin!!! Well, so much for that domesticity!!! It was Cheerios and fruit for breakfast!!!

LOL!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, boy, you should have packed up and gone to Bob Evans!!! tee hee

    Salty waffles and green toast...sounds like a country song if you ask me... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.