Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Busy hands

Yesterday was a doctor appointment for Rick as a follow-up to his pneumonia this summer.  He's doing well, thank goodness.  I'm so proud of him for taking care of himself...I know it's not easy sometimes.

After the doctor, I had to - NEEDED to - get more yarn!!  I spend so much time on the computer playing games and reading articles that I get upset with myself.  I'm finding that if I have a project I can keep my hands busy with, I won't fall asleep while we watch television in the evenings.  I've got a small hand-sewing project to finish, then I will make baby hats to donate to Akron Children's Hospital for an event they are sponsoring in February.  I went to Hobby Lobby which is the closest craft store near me and they didn't have a similar yarn to what I had success with.  Sigh...on to Chapel Hill to go to Michaels.  SCORE!  I got these two yarns.  They are so soft and cuddly...just great for newborn babies.  Hmmm...thought this photo was of the two I bought.  Oh, well, this is one of the yarns!

We had dinner with Cris and Jerry at Applebees and I went to Walmart to TRY to pick up an order I placed online.  It wasn't ready (and that was my own fault because I didn't wait for the email that told me it was ready, but the original email said it would be ready the same day).  Well, it took forever to get the news that it wasn't ready and that was a little annoying.  I finally got notification at 6:30 this morning that my package was ready.  In my book that is NOT "same day" pickup.  Oh, well, it's ready today and since it's such a nice day, maybe I'll ride my motorcycle to pick it up and that will most likely be my last ride of this year.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, didn't realize you rode a bike. Glad you got your package and hope you had a good ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to dig out a photo of my bike. It's actually a trike...a Suzuki 650 scooter with a conversion package added to make things safer for this old gal!! My sister and I each got one three years ago and I just love riding.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment.