Saturday, November 18, 2017

The EYES have it!


Yesterday was Friday.  Lots of things happened yesterday...

Cris and I went out to hit up the thrift stores to hopefully find some baskets for giving her Christmas nut rolls.  They are absolutely delicious and if we're lucky, maybe we'll get one.  We met in Hartville and while we were at Hartville Thrift and Goodwill, I found 2 stuffed toys for Sophie. (Which, by the way, she LOVES!)  After the shopping, we went to Hartville Kitchen and had a wonderful Cobb salad for lunch.  Their salads are delicious and I often forget about that place.  After lunch, I headed home and she headed to Pickleball. When I got home, Rick was working on raking leaves.  I shouldn't do too much because of my eye surgeries, but I put on my protective eyewear and helped.  Didn't take too long, as we didn't do the whole yard, but it looks so much nicer.  I mowed the hostas and the peonies and mulched the leaves in that area of the yard with the mower.  Rick was so sweet and thanked me sincerely for my help.


Rick and I got to Dr. Ripkin's office and we were called in RIGHT ON TIME!  Now that's surprising, to say the least, as it doesn't happen very often.  The nurse/technician checked what she was supposed to, then we went to the "smaller" waiting room for what we thought was a short wait.  Nope!  All in all, we were there for 2 hours!!!  Oh, well, he's a wonderful doctor and an emergency set appointments back.  As much as I wish we hadn't been there that long, if I had an emergency and needed him, I'm sure he would have taken care of me.  That's worth being his patient.

Anyway, in checking my post surgery status of my eyes, things aren't bad, but things aren't perfect.  Right cataract was removed Oct. 24 and there is a "wrinkle" "fold" in the eye.  My vision is not as good as it needs to be in that eye and I most likely will need a laser procedure.  (sigh)  The left eye was done Nov 7.  The vision is quite good in that eye.  This is the eye that has the black eye.  He explained how it happened...the anesthetist, when he inserted the needle, missed a little and it bled.  I have a couple of lumps in that area that the doc explained were blood and they would go away.  My eyelid itches and the entire eye socket is very tender. I'm supposed to "up" my steroid drops for the next week and he thinks that might help; if not, call him after that week.

After leaving the ophthalmologist, we went to visit Rick's friend Pete.  We drove to Cuyahoga Falls and went to Pete's.  Sophie loves Pete and the feeling is mutual!  We stayed there for 15 or 20 minutes, then decided to have dinner out at Dontino's.  It was so good!

Then we came home and relaxed.  Toys were played with, treats were given to the good dog and cat.

Blow by blow description of my Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.