Friday, November 3, 2017

Fridays with Cris

I've read the book "Tuesdays with Morrie", but I could write a book called "Fridays with Cris".

Every Friday, my sister and I go out and about.  We leave by taking turns driving, the driver picking up the other one about 10 am and we decide just what we want to do.  This summer we started playing Pickle Ball on Friday afternoons, so we have a focus.  By 12:50, we need to be at the tennis club ready to hit the ball around with some wonderful new friends.

Today I picked her up and wanted to go to World Market to pick up some Nyakers (probably the richest-tasting ginger snaps ever) that were on sale.  I thought they would make a delicious Christmas gift for a couple of the neighbors.

We popped into Beiler's Market to see what produce items we might need, but for the first time, we didn't get a thing.

Cris was on a quest to find maraschino cherry juice.  Maraschino cherries are packed in the juice, but my brother-in-law needs more than that small amount!  After stopping at a couple of places to find it, calling to see if other stores might have it, we found it in the Lakemore Plaza at a little wine and liquor store.  Hurrah!

We had lunch at Perkins.  The food was filling, but the experience was just ok.

Pickle ball was fun...it always is.  I was just exhausted, though.  It was the first time I played since my cataract surgery and evidently my body is still recovering from that.  I get to play Monday, then it's off for a while as I'm having my 2nd cataract surgery (on the left eye this time).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.