Saturday, April 18, 2020

A little more sunshine today!

Thank heavens!  A little more sunshine and a little warmer (mid to high 40's) today.  Sure makes life a little easier.

Rick and I took Sophie for a little walk.  We went to DePeyster Street and back home; he didn't take his oxygen tank and he should have.  He was wiped out.

I unboxed and brought in the purchases from Amazon that had been in the garage for a week or so to decontaminate.  I had two cases of K-cups, some vitamins, a cover for the gas firepit, a charcoal starter that's chimney style and our new Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman Grill.  Boy is that grill heavy!!  It should last a LONG, LONG time.  Rick and I put it together - not much to that, but it's ready to go when we are ready to grill.

My delivery from Chewy came; it was 4 cases of cat food.  I love having things delivered, it makes things so easy.  The only thing is:  the deck was wet and the delivery person put the box DIRECTLY in front of the door which means I couldn't get out of the door to get the delivery.  GRRRR!!  LOL!

I did a little repair on the house, the corner pieces of the aluminum siding came loose.  It happens now and then.  I took some caulking and hopefully did a good job of repairing them.  There were 3 loose ones.

I made (what I thought was a delicious) dinner.  We had stuffed shells made with Olive Garden meat sauce.  I also made green beans with ham and onion and we had garlic bread.  Rick ate it, but he didn't particularly enjoy most of it.  He what he likes and doesn't like to try new things!  DUH!  I've known this for years, but sometimes I like different things.

We're looking to purchase a new self propelled lawn mower.  Rick's been shopping online and we are deciding what we want to buy.

I FaceTimed with my niece, Kathy.  She was making her first face masks and ran into a snag and didn't know what to do.  I helped her through it.  (Funny thing, she was teaching a friend to make them via FaceTime, too!)

Kelly called...they were going hiking as a family and Indy is going, too.  Nathan doesn't love hiking, but he goes along with the family plans.  Jennifer texted and was asking about snickerdoodles and the recipe.  She remembered Kelly making snickerdoodles when we had a bunch of guys at our house who were waterproofing our basement.  Good memories.

Enough chatter from me for now.  Rick has a movie on and I'm going to watch it with him.

G'night,
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.