Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Two in one post

I didn't post yesterday and I should have.  It was a busy day for us.

I got hold of the pulmonary doctors office.  Rick and I were waiting for a call from them to schedule Rick for a follow up appointment.  They had no record of him needing a visit.  We got that all straightened out and at noon we had a televisit with one of the docs.  Rick has an appointment with him late in June.  He will also need some tests done and WRH is supposed to be calling us to schedule them.

The doc did say that walking was wonderful for him and safe to do.  Our weather yesterday was much nicer than anticipated, so we went for two walks.  He had over 5,000 steps on his Fitbit.  That's great.  Since the weather was so nice, there were several neighbors outdoors, so we had the opportunity to socialize.  Bonus!

We sat on the deck and he lit our gas firepit.  It was so nice.  When the evenings are more mild, we will really enjoy having the fire to gaze into.  We have multicolored glass in the firepit and it's so pretty.

We ate up our leftovers for dinner tonight.  Rick finished the meatloaf and I finished the stuffed shells.  I also had green beans and will have them for lunch tomorrow, too.  On Saturday or Sunday I made green beans with bits of ham and onion.  I love the ones they serve at Texas Roadhouse and tried (somewhat successfully) to recreate them.  They were good, not as good as at TR, but I think the difference might be the amounts of salt used.  I didn't add an excessive amount, and I think they do.

We have decided to purchase a self-propelled lawn mower.  With Rick's lung issues, I should do more of the mowing and we thought having a self-propelled mower would help us out a great deal.  Once we decided which model we wanted, finding it became an issue.  The stores are out of stock and it's nearly one hundred dollars to have it delivered to us.  We found one online (same exact model) and they will deliver it for free.  We ordered that today...Tuesday.

I'm going to get busy today and will write more later.  NOT!

I got sidetracked and didn't get back to finish Monday & Tuesday's post, so this will finish up whatever.

I called Buffalo Wild Wings to order wings for dinner.  That place is a mess during this pandemic.  Not only do they tell you your order won't be ready for at least 1.5 hours...and they really don't know that, but they have ready-to-pick-up orders all over the place.  The cashier doesn't wear a mask and the customers are not respecting the markings on the floor for social distancing.  I need to call the manager.  The wings were good, though!

Ok, this Wednesday morning finishes up Monday and Tuesday's information!!!

-H


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.