Friday, April 3, 2020

Beautiful Friday!

This morning I made banana bread!  I had enough of the little square ones and offered a couple to the postman.  I wasn't sure he would want them, but he was eager and grateful for his little treat.  (With the Coronavirus, I wasn't sure he would eat them.)

It's a gorgeous day!  A bit chilly, but the sun is out and it's warm...just the wind is a little nippy.  We went for a walk on campus, we visited the May 4th Memorial.  Lots of the daffodils were in bloom and the sun was bright.  Sophie LOVED being there, lots of new smells and things to jump over!

It was so chilly on campus, we left and finished our walk in our neighborhood.  We saw our neighbor across the street.  He was outdoors with his daughter doing yard work.  A year ago, we thought he wasn't going to be around much longer.  He is doing so much better now.

After our walk, we ordered Italian food from one of our most-favorite restaurants (and the owner went to school with and grew up in the same neighborhood with Rick.  We got spaghetti and meatballs and a pan of meatballs.  Along with their delicious Italian bread.


We are having Happy Hour.  (Well, I am having happy hour!)  Rick's catching a nap instead.


On another fun and delightful note, I got the most-adorable thank you  note from Hadley.  It was just so special and so  HER.  Made my day.

It's nearly time for dinner, so I'll heat up some spaghetti and butter up some bread and we'll have dinner.

-H



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.