Thursday, April 2, 2020

Busy Thursday

Today we had sunshine!  Hurray for sunshine, there is nothing like it to help your spirits lift.

I had ordered from a local restaurant.  They were offering 4 items that they would deliver to your home for free...if you spent $20.  For those $20, I got a quart of homemade tomato soup and half a dozen donuts.  Perhaps a little pricey, but these are strange times.  The soup was good, I had it along with a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner.  (Rick isn't a big fan of tomato soup, so he had leftover hamburger and macaroni that we had earlier in the week.)

I placed an order at Acme for groceries and today was my pickup day.  I pulled into the designated spot, called the store and they brought my groceries out, loaded them in my car and handed me my receipt.  I had this all planned as to how to bring things into the house with as little chance of bringing in COVID-19 as possible.  My strategy is as follows:

1.  I took big Rubbermaid bins to the garage.  I wiped them out with hot water, bleach and Dawn. I drove to the store.

2.  When I got home, I took my bucket of bleach water and wiped my steering wheel, the gear shift, the starter button and the door handle and the handle that I used to pull the door closed.

3.  I opened the lift gate on my car and took the groceries out of the bags, one by one.  I wiped each item off with my solution and placed it in the bin.  Cold things in one bin and everything else in the other bin.

4.  I took each bin into the house and put the items away.  I set the bins outside in the sun and then took my solution of bleach, soap and water and while I had the opportunity, I wiped off the gate to the deck, my door and handles and the doorbells.

I didn't get all the items that were on my list, some things were not available.  No problem, nothing was terribly urgent, just stocking up on needs for the future.

Cooper Everett was born today via Cesarean section.  Ashleigh wasn't progressing with the inducing of labor and when they stepped up the process the baby's heart rate fluctuated.  I am nearly done with his door banner.  I still need to make a label, attach it and wash it.  Then I will drop it off at their house (on the porch). Here's a picture of the banner for his bedroom door.

Last night we ordered an Edible Arrangement of fruit to send to the girls.  Both of them got the fruit today and they called/Facetimed to thank us.

I decided to order a grill from Amazon today.  I am getting a Lodge cast iron Sportsman's grill.  It's small and I hope we will like it.

For day...

-H


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.