Saturday, April 25, 2020

Gorgeous Saturday!

Ahhh, we had a wonderful day!

I decided to do the spring washing of the deck today.  It can be a huge and tiring job...it was last year.  This year I decided to not use the power washer and do the deck railings in sections.  Rick was napping when I got started, so I decided to do a section at a time and if I got too tired, I would just stop at that point.  Well, with my bucket of PineSol water, a microfiber cloth and a small scrub brush, I did all the posts, spindles, stairs and part of the floor that was dirtier than the rest.  I even took the deck box (with Rick's help) to the driveway and gave it a good washing, too!  It looks so nice and it's all ready for the season.  We sat out and relaxed much of the day, then I decided to edge around the rocks that surround the deck.  I got all done that I wanted to accomplish for today and it looks so nice!

Pat and Val (ladies who live on Harvey) happened by and stopped to chat.  I gave each of them a face mask to wear when they need one and they were very appreciative.  Pat is the older lady who always has treats for Sophie.  Val used to work with Jeanette Messino.  We had a nice visit and then Luba came to join in on the conversation.  When Luna learned that I sew, her eyes lit up and when the other ladies left, she asked me to alter a dress for her.  I told her I would rather not do it, too much pressure if things don't work out as planned or desired.  I know she was disappointed, but I just didn't want to do it for her...I feel she wouldn't be happy with the end product and I don't need to deal with that.  It's not easy to say "no", but I handled it well and didn't stammer!  (Val wanted to purchase a mask from me, but I told her I don't do them for money, I do them to give away.)

We are having creamed chicken and biscuits for dinner tonight.  Leftovers are terrific, especially when you can eat them in two meals and not have tons to deal with.

I'm going to have to count up how many masks I've made.  I really don't remember, but I'm thinking I've given away close to 30 or so.  Maybe more.

Bonnie - 2
Cris and Jerry -4
Butch - 1
Rick - 2
Me - 4
Karen - 2
JP - 1
Guenveur and John - 2
Marty - 4
Val and Pat - 2
Rhonda - 3
Amy - 4
Mike & Sue - 2
That's 33 right there.  I'll try to think if there were more and update this list


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.