Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Beautiful Wednesday

It's a beautiful day!  High 60's with sun!  My kind of weather.  We worked on the deck this morning, uncovering deck furniture/washing the tarp that covered it all.  The floor needed scrubbed from all the winter debris that had accumulated under the stored tables.

I bought Rick (and me) a WORX power washer for Christmas and we were going to use it today, however, the batteries needed charged before we could use it.  Manual labor for today!!

It's mostly clean and we came in to have lunch and a little rest.  I have the railings to finish and bring up the chairs from the carport where they have been for the winter. I'm eager to be using the deck!

I'm doing better with my healthy eating.  I've got to be mindful to do the right thing, not the "want" thing when it comes to food.  Hard to do until you can get you emotions on track.  (Hate that my emotions get in the way of taking good care of myself.)

Wow!  We got the deck all ready for use!  It's so nice to have it spruced up and all clean!  I am one tired woman tonight, though.  I might have overdone it a bit near the end, so a couple of Advil and dinner sure helped me feel better.  Rick got his new glasses today.  There was quite a difference in the prescription, so he's getting adjusted to them.

I need to paint a rock or two for the deck.  I have one with the year 2017 on it...think I'd better make one for this year and even one dated last year!

Tomorrow Rick goes to the surgeon to see about having his hernia repaired.  After that maybe I can get a little sewing done on the quilt.

G'night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.