Monday, April 22, 2019

Here it is -- Monday, again! So grateful

Monday again!  It's going to be a beautiful day and I'll be playing pickleball for part of it.

The hospital called to set up pretesting for Rick's upcoming surgery.  He goes on Wednesday to have his checkup and get all ready.

I skimmed all the fat off my chicken broth (that had turned to consumme).  Then I heated it so it was liquid, measured it and poured it into a zip lock bag and tucked it back into the fridge so it would gel up again.  It will go into the freezer with all the chopped chicken I froze yesterday.  When we need/want soup, all I have to do is throw it all together, add some cooked wild rice and vegetables and have a healthy chicken soup.  I found that having canned or dry soup just won't cut it for me when I'm sick or getting ready for a medical test.

I had a card to mail and wouldn't you know it -- the envelope was the WRONG size for the card.  Now, I would normally just get out my paper cutter and trim the card down a bit, but this was one of those musical cards and I wasn't able to do that.  So, upstairs to my sewing/craft/messy studio to see what I could do.  I came down with a beautiful envelope, all ready to send the card.  Thankful that I am "crafty" enough to figure things out and come out with an envelope that looks nearly professional!  (Haha!!)

On to the library to pick up a book I had on reserve.   It's titled Mister by E L James (the author of 50 Shades of Grey).  We'll see if I like it.

Cris will soon be here to pick me up for pickleball.  We have 16 signed up -- it will be fun with that many.  Rhonda won't be there because she's at her father's house to stay with him while her brother (who lives with him) is gone.

Dinner tonight is Paninis.  Butch loves their Panini Boy sandwich, Jerry likes their pizza, Rick usually gets a patty melt and even Cris usually finds something she likes there.  I will get a salad and hopefully I'll tuck my own salad dressing in my bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.