Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sunday, April 7

I started the day early enough for church, but Rick was sleeping so soundly, I didn't want to disturb him.  I am wanting to go back to church, it's been several years since we've been.  We had several issues with the former pastor and until he moved on, I was unable to go to worship at my childhood church home.  It's left a void in my life, and I've prayed about it endlessly.  It's hard to look up to your pastor when he's done so many things that were hurtful to you.  I know he is a man, nothing more and he shouldn't keep me from my worship, but even though I forgave him, I cannot forget; nor do I want to trust him with my feelings.  We now have a new pastor and I want to get back to my church roots.

It's another beautiful sunny morning, with rain due to move in this afternoon.  I'm showered and ready to move on with my day (with the exception of being dressed, I'm so lazy about getting dressed!).  Think I'll  go out on the deck and have another cup of coffee.

We are going to visit the Gregory family at 11:00 this morning and taking donuts. Portia had both knees replaced and she's going through a lot to regain her mobility.  She has a good/wonderful frame of mind, but pain can be so depressing.  We love the Gregorys, so we'll chat and enjoy our time together.

Yesterday we painted the inside (and outside) of the leaky fountain with the Flex Seal paint.  I tucked the fountain under the carport for the night, but I'll get it out and let the sunshine help cure it.  It will most likely be several days (or more) before we are ready to set it in place and fill it with water.

I have a floater in my right eye and it's making me a little crazy!  It was in my peripheral vision and has now moved into the middle of my vision.  I keep reminding myself that it's a normal thing, but it is frustrating to have it in the line of sight when I'm trying to read, etc.

Beautiful day!  It's now nearly 5 pm and it's still beautiful outside.  I got some leaves raked from the gutter at the street and all that is cleaned up now and looks so nice.  Also planted some lettuce seeds, we'll see how that goes and if I can grow some lettuce for our salads.  The neighbors were out, the we got to say our springtime hello!  Rick took Sophie for a l-o-n-g walk...so good for them both!  Our visit with the Gregorys was nice, but Portia is having some difficulty with her emotions...I think it's pretty normal, but it's upsetting for her.  Hopefully her gp will see her tomorrow and they can figure it all out.

God bless and goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.