Thursday, April 18, 2019

Gorgeous Thursday!

As I said  yesterday, the deck is ready for use!  (Could have used it before we did all the cleanup, but now it's all clean and the furniture is placed in it's assigned seat!)

I went out this morning to get the newspapers.   The sky was dark and the sun was not shining - yet.  We had to be at the doctor to meet with Rick's surgeon at 10:15 and when we left the appointment, it had been raining.  The sidewalks were wet, but the rain was done.  It's just gotten more beautiful as the day goes on.  Rick's set up for surgery on Wednesday, May 1 to repair his hernia.  It's the first opening the surgeon had and my advice, as always -- Let's get it done asap and get it over with.  Doctor said 7 to 10 days of very low activity and after 10 to 14 days, he can get back to his normal activities.

I sewed for a little while and now have 19 rows of the Red, White and Hexies quilt sewn together.  There are 13 more rows to go and then the flimsy will be done.  It's not my favorite quilt, but it will be loved.

I brought down the plant that Kelly gave me several years ago for Mother's Day.  It's a gorgeous plant and it thrives outside during the spring, summer and autumn.  Come winter, I try to baby it, but it loses all it's leaves and looks like a bare vine.  This year, nearly all the leaves fell off (as usual) and last month I put it in the south-facing window in my sewing room and flooded it with water.  It didn't lose all the leaves and there is new growth!  I put it outside on the deck today and cut off the deadwood places.  I will only have a few (those that bring me joy) plants on the deck this year.  Last year I had too many and I didn't enjoy them.  This one, my jade tree, a wandering jew, two Christmas cacti and the hoya (from my dad's plant) are all the plants I'm going to tend to.  Those and perhaps a Swedish ivy that Kelly and I supply cuttings for each other when we need.

I think a Walmart run is in my near future (today).  I want to pick up a hose (the kind that all crumples up when there's no water in it) and a tiny skillet for frying eggs.

Rick's off to walk Sophie.

My purchases from Walmart did not include the tiny skillet.  I have seen them, but not today!  I got the skrinky hose, some root beer and a beautiful planter of Johnny Jump Ups!!!

Rick mowed the back yard and weed whacked the clumps of grass that were growing in the rest of the mind.  He's working on taking the battery out of his Pontiac -- I like seeing him engaged in some sort of activity.

I cooked dinner for him.  Sauteed chicken and rice with green peppers and onions.  He enjoyed it and that makes me happy.  Before fixing dinner, I made bones for Sophie and put them in the freezer.  There's enough stuffing for maybe 4 more, but I'm out of empty bones!

Life in Pieces comes back on television tonight and I'm looking forward to watching that!

Good night, sleep tight -- sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.