Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What day is it? What day is it? It's WEDNESDAY!

Pre-op testing for Rick today.  They went over all his meds, gave him an EKG and a chest xray.  At this time, he's scheduled for May 1 at 9 am surgery, but that is not set in stone.

We came home and I fixed my boy a ham sandwich and then I went out to clean up leaves out of the flower bed behind the house.  I got all scratched up (and bloody) from the azalea bush, but after washing them good, they stopped bleeding.  Rick was going to mow the grass, but since I was out there working, I went ahead and mowed the back portion.  I went inside to scrub my nails and wash up -- it was THREE PM!!!  I had an appointment for a pedicure with Hanna at 3 and I was late.  I called to apologize and reschedule.  She said it was fine, come on in and she had time to do my tootsies.  My right big toe nail was ingrown and it was really sore.  It hurts like crazy when she has to do lots of work on my toes, but it's necessary.  I really need to go once a month -- any longer and I have more pain before getting them done.  The podiatrist said that going to the nail salon was just as good as going to him...they both do the same thing for my awful, thick toenails.

It was a beautiful day today!  The sun was shining, but it was chilly.  While I was working outside, it was fine -- when you are moving and working, you don't notice the chill.  When I came home from the nail salon, we sat outside on the deck for a little while.  I finally said (and I had my coat on) I need to go inside!  I wore my coat in the house and wrapped a blanket around my legs until I warmed up.

Sleep tight

1 comment:

  1. You got a lot done. I love flowers in the yard, but must admit I do not like doing yard work. I need to get myself out there and pick up limbs. I have the same trouble as you with my toes and it always feels so good to get a pedi - at least after it is over. Hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.