Saturday, April 6, 2019

New Beginning!

Time has come for Part 2 of Time for Mimi!

Lots of things are going on. I've been working on the Red, White and Hexies quilt/table cloth that I started last year about this time.  It was to be a hand-stitched project.  I did quite a bit of it by hand,in the car...but alas, progress came to a halt and it sat.  And sat...

I have been working on it and piecing is over halfway complete.  I'll insert a photo here tomorrow, it's late evening now and tomorrow I'll feel more refreshed and find the photo!  NOPE, can't find it now, I'll post it when it's all done!

I made 6 "bunny bags" to send Easter treats to the grandkids.  A photo of those will be inserted tomorrow, too!!  Haha...I'm tired for today.  Here's a photo, not of the bags I made, but the tutorial is  from the blog Sew Can She.  It's a wonderful blog, please stop over there and browse a bit.

I have been in a lot of pain the last few weeks.  My shoulders, hips and knees are giving me fits.  I hate taking pills for pain--ibuprofen and naproxen don't seem to do a lot to relieve the pain, plus it seems to give me symptoms of dry mouth.  Yesterday, I was feeling pretty down about hurting so much and thought it might be time to go to the doc and lay my cards on the table.  Maybe it was time for heavy-duty arthritis meds, maybe I should think about medical marijuana.  For some reason, I thought I'd try Tylenol.  I feel so much better!  Not completely pain free, but so much less pain.

Rick has been diagnosed with a hernia.  He actually diagnosed it himself, but the doctor made the same diagnosis and he now has an appointment scheduled with a surgeon on April 18.  Rick really doesn't want to have surgery, but his friend Peter said--you will WANT to have the surgery, it's not going to get any better by itself!  Friends are such a blessing, in so many ways!

Today was Pickleball and we had so much fun!  Keith Ginnetti played with us, because we only had 7 players.  It's fun when he plays--he's a fun young man and we get mini lessons from him at the same time.  I am the DJ and supply the music so we can dance and be silly (at least I dance and be silly)!  Today Rhonda Kerzie bought me a little gift -- a faceted bird to hang in my garden, it's supposed to draw butterflies.  It was sweet of her, she wanted to do something nice for me because I go out of my way to do the music and other nice things for people at pickleball.  (She also bought a frog in a yoga pose for Jane, the yoga instructor who is having a grand daughter very soon.

We went to dinner at Eddy's in Stow tonight and Rick had the fish; I had the jumbo shrimp.  I'm full!  Feels like my food is swellin' in my belly!

Enough for tonight, tomorrow photos will be inserted in the appropriate place.

Good night, sweet dreams and God bless

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. I had to google pickleball to see what you were talking about. Looks like fun, but don't think I could keep up with the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Teresa! If I can play pickleball, nearly anyone can play! I am not athletic, but this game -- and the group we play with -- is so much fun! I am the self-designated DJ and I play 50's and 60's music and we (at least I) dance, sing and play pickleball!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.