Sunday, April 14, 2019

Spring weekend

Yesterday, Saturday, I started my yogurt; I love making my own yogurt.  I know it's fresh, I love the smell when it's incubating.  I'm not sure why I like the smell of it as it's incubating, but somehow it's a fresh/earthy/comforting scent.  I start it early and leave it incubate for 11.5 hours, then put the whole pan into the fridge until tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will put half in the strainer to make Greek yogurt, the other half will get strained later or just eaten as is.

After getting the yogurt started, I needed to purchase a gift for our 5 year old great great niece.  I don't know what toys she has, so off to Target I went!  I went to the little girls section for clothes, thinking I would get her a little "tutu dress", but I didn't see anything right away and the little girl purses caught my eye.  So, it was a darling sparkly pink purse and a little wallet.  Cute gift and I added a pack of M&M's, a packet of tissues and a dollar bill.  Quick shopping and easy!!

We went to the party and stayed for a little while.  Ilsa (from Frozen) was there!!!  She was so beautiful and all the littles were following her around and listening very carefully to all the things she was telling them.

This morning, Sunday, Sophie was playing and "lost" her little ball underneath the television.  She wasn't able to reach it to get it out, so I got on the floor, stretched as far as my arm would stretch.  With the help and the extra length of the flashlight, I got her ball.  As I was down on the floor, I got really dizzy.  I often get dizzy (crazy inner ear bones) but this time I got so dizzy I got nauseous.  UGH.  I feel better now -- couple of hours later -- but still not tip top.  Somehow, when you get that way it can disrupt you for a while.

I made up the "goop" for dog bones for Sophie, I'll fill them in the next few days.  She still has 2 in the freezer, so there is no big hurry.

Dog bone filling

Combine the following ingredients into a 2 gallon zip lock bag:

23.5 oz . kibble, pounded or ground to break it up well
3 cans Iam's Lamb and Rice dog food
2 cans green beans, in the blender to liquify
2 cans pumpkin puree
1 dog food can of hot water (rinse cans with this water and add to the "goop"

Mix well (in the bag, so there is no big mess to clean up.  Just zip it shut and work the ingredients until well mixed).

This much filling will fill about 30 bones.

In a little while, we will go to WalMart to get some groceries for the week and I'll probably go to Marc's to shop for lunchmeat, cheese and check out Aisle 1.  (Gotta love Aisle 1!!)

Hope Rick thinks of what he would like for dinner...he's so bad about planning meals.  I usually wait till the last minute for him to make up his mind, so often he just gets fast/take out food.

It's supposed to storm later this afternoon, so in a little while I want to move my lettuce containers so they don't get flooded and ruined.  The lettuce seeds are just beginning to emerge, so a huge rain would surely ruin them.

I am on the lookout for a new hair dryer/styler.  I saw one online at Target and my app showed it was in stock in Aisle 10.  Guess what?!  NOT there!  After I went there, I went to Marc's and picked some cheese and a few other things.  We were going to go to Wal Mart, but we had tornado warnings and time kept slipping away.  No Wal Mart today, perhaps tomorrow I will get what's left on my list.

Well, another weekend has come and gone.  Monday will be here in the morning, Lord willing, and that brings pickleball to my schedule.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.