Sunday, January 19, 2020

Cold weather, sewing and Sunday!






This is my Moda Blockhead block.  It's the first in a series of 56!!  For some reason, I did a lot of picking stitches on this.  I was not good at following directions and it wasn't a smooth block to make.  However, it's done and I think it looks pretty!

I worked on my Love, Family, Friends wall hanging for Debra.  It's all done, just have to sandwich, quilt and bind it.  I made the label on the computer this afternoon.

I also wrapped the houndstooth wrap and fingerless gloves for my pay it forward to Beverly who lives in NJ.  It's all ready to go, just have to wait till Tuesday when the post office will be open again.  I made a card and envelope to enclose with it.

It's super cold!  Only 16 degrees and with wind chill feels like -1 degree.  That's crunchy-snow cold!  I took the trash cans to the street and cleared the driveway of what little more snow accumulated and my hands got super cold, even with gloves on.  This evening we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Stow.  My steak was delicious and they have the best green beans! Once we got home, I changed out of my clothes into my nightgown, bathrobe and furry slippers.  I'm all cozy, now.  The dog and cat have had their treats and now they are playing with each other!

Rick's watching football and it's nearly 7:30.  I'm contemplating going up to the sewing room and sandwiching the wall hanging for Debra, but I think I should just relax for the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.