Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Nothing exciting, but good things!

Yesterday, Tuesday, I had lunch with Terri Silver.  We went to Bricco and we had such a nice time, chatting, eating and chatting some more.  She's going to be grandma again!  Her daughter, Rachel, is expecting a baby girl in July!  Wonderful blessings!

Later in the afternoon, Rick and I went to Walmart to pick up a few things.  We called Buffalo Wild Wings before we left the store and picked up wings on our way home.  It was an early dinner for us, about 5:15!!

I sewed a little later in the evening and that was it!

Today Rick and I had eye doctor appointments.  Mine was a regular eye checkup...checking on my strangely designed optic nerve.  I got a good report, no problems and I got a prescription for new glasses.  Rick's eye is healed on the outside, the inside is still healing and he is now on a steroid drop three times a day to help with that.  The contact lens was removed (with lots of tugging, numbing and an extra doctor to get the lens out of his eye).  He goes back next week to get a recheck on his prescription, then we will both go and get new glasses before our upcoming vacation to Cancun.

I finished the letter blocks...Love...Family...Friends.  I have Friends all pinned down, wet and drying to hold shape (blocking).  I ran out of the background fabric, so I made a quick trip to JoAnn's to try and find another fabric with a close value.  I found one that should work; the edges were zig zagged and the fabric washed.  I will work on the Love, Family, Friends wall-hanging quilt for my friend Debra a little more tomorrow.  I will need to find an applique of a bird, flower or heart to make the hanging a little more interesting.

Tonight we went to dinner at LaTerazza for Mexican food.  It's been a long time since we've been there.  It was good.  Now we're home, I'm in my nightie and settled in for the night.  I hope to sleep really well tonight.  Last night, Sophie had to go outside in the middle of the night.  Later, Lily woke me up crying so I thought she was sick.  My Fitbit sleep reading showed not a lot of sleep!

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.